Sunday, December 5, 2010

Who Do You Listen To?

I'm reminded of an exercise I participating in as a child with my father. I was blindfolded and was told to be able to distinguish his voice among several other men.  After hearing about 4 men call my name, I thought that the trick was on me because they actually sounded like my father. But then as I began to feel that I was being tested, I heard another voice that said, "Brodes". At that moment I immediately responded with, "Yes, daddy, that's you, I know it!"

I knew his voice, even in an uncomfortable situation, once I heard his voice, I just knew that everything else was ok.

That story reminds of Exodus 14:10-15, where the Israelites where in the midst of trying times while in the wilderness. They believed that Moses their leader, was sending them to their grave, even though God just delivered them out of the hand of Pharoah. They wanted to go back. Moses wanted to stay and see the Lord move on their behalf. But, God wanted them to move forward. So that bears the question, Who Do You Listen To?

Often times when we find ourselves in moments of crisis, we want to revert back to what's was once comfortable to us, not realizing that there's a blessing before us. God may have given you clearance to move to higher heights, to a greater work, to a new level, but you're afraid to trust Him because you don't always see the end result.

Our responsibility is to trust the One who holds tomorrow. God. This post is as much for me, as it is for anyone else that the Lord leads to read this. I've come to the place in my life where I want to be in God's Will, even if that means I don't know all of His plans. Because I trust my final destination, I'll take joy in the journey.

Where He Leads Me


I can hear my Savior calling,
I can hear my Savior calling,
I can hear my Savior calling,
"Take thy cross, follow me"


Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
I'll go with Him, with Him, all the way...

No comments: